The CCMC is pleased to publish its work plan for the period 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017.
This work plan has been designed to assist the CCMC undertake its key functions in an efficient and effective manner. It is the final year in a three year strategic plan developed by the CCMC. The key features of the work plan are:
- continuing to be a trusted and valued partner by engaging with stakeholders
- demonstrating value to our stakeholders by providing excellent code monitoring services, including investigating complaints, and
- assisting banks to improve the standards of banking practice.
During 2016–17 our priorities are to:
- complete our Own Motion Inquiry into the provision of credit obligations
- arrange a review of the CCMC’s activities to coincide with the review of the Code by the Australian Bankers’ Association, in accordance with clause 14.3 of the Mandate
- implement any recommendations of the independent consultant to improve the independence, transparency and effectiveness of the CCMC, and
- commence one other Own Motion Inquiry into an area of code compliance.
Download the CCMC’s 2016-17 Work Plan (PDF 310KB)